The user can set up different classes, with the students that are in each class, and it can be used it for small groups or for a whole class. Track positive and negative behaviors for different students through simple clicks!
If you want to download ClassDojo (Free, iPad/iPhone), please support us by using our link here:
Some things I love about this app:
- Students love the avatars and are able to customize them. Once a student customizes the avatar, they are even more excited for you to start the program up, so everyone can see their new avatar.
- Reports - It gives reports of the percentages of positive vs negative behaviors. I always show my students these. We would look at them every Friday for the week, and we would use them to talk about goals for the next week.
- Parent Involvement - Parents can have their own log-in to see the reports also.
- Can be used on iPads, mobile devices, and through the internet on computers
- You can customize the behaviors by adding or deleting the default ones and by making your own. (You have to log-in through the internet to do this)
How I used it in my classroom:
As a special education teacher for students with behaviors, I was always changing up behavior management strategies to keep my students on their toes and to keep them engaged. ClassDojo added just the amount of engagement and high expectations that I needed.
I used this primarily with a group of three fifth grade boys. They each customized their log-ins, and they loved when I gave points out. I would set up my iPad during a lesson and easily click it throughout the lessons to give and remove points. My students went above and beyond to help each other and to stay on task.
On Fridays, we would look at all of the graphs to see the weekly percentages. We would go through which days seemed to be the hardest for us and discuss why. We would also talk about goals for the next week. It was very beneficial and I am looking forward to using it again in my new teaching position.
ClassDojo helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators.
Teachers can use this app to give students realtime feedback while in class - it will sync with the main ClassDojo website.
Better learning behaviors, smoother lessons, and hassle-free data - and it's free for teachers!
You can find more information on ClassDojo's website by clicking here.
Eleanor at Smart Apps for Kids also previously wrote about this app. You can see what she had to say about it by clicking here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -