If you get no other apps for your special needs child, get them book apps! So much learning goes on when a book is read to a child. This quirky story is actually a song about a donkey who has special needs and has all the elements of great early childhood literature: wonderful illustrations, cheeky characters, repetition, and rhyme. Once you read this, it will be stuck in your head and you'll be sharing it with all of your friends and family. Can I just say it's refreshing to hear a "local" accent? (Local meaning southern hemisphere hehe)
Please support Smart Apps for Special Needs by using our download buttons:
Full Version $4.99 Lite Version FREE
External links to social media and
to purchase other apps
The Wonky Donkey is an award-winning, number 1 bestselling book with a song that makes children squeal with delight! Prepare for fits of laughter and hours of entertainment for all ages with this interactive story about a spunky, hanky-panky cranky stinky dinky lanky honky-tonky winky wonky donkey. Have fun finding a special feature on every page! You will be amazed at how these wonderful children's stories come to life with QBook. Children love being able to run their fingers over the text to hear the story and touch any word to hear it said or spelt. They will happily spend hours coloring in the book and they can record themselves as well. It's great fun for kids of all ages and it helps with early learning and literacy development. They can even explore other languages and have loads of fun while they do it. This is the perfect gift for your children and it's educational as well.
• Includes the original Wonky Donkey song!
• Personalize each book with ‘this book belongs to ...’ page.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Paint mode is now on each story page!
• Paint has a paint palette, brush width, move and zoom, and undo abilities!
• Tap the paint palette icon and tap a color to change the paint color!
• Tap the brush palette icon and change the slider to change the brush size!
• Tap the move icon and pinch with two fingers to zoom in and move the picture around with one finger. Tap the move icon again to continue painting!
If you like the Wonky Donkey, check out these other two awesome apps from Scholastic NZ and Kiwa Media: Willbee the Bumblebee and Quaky Cat!
This QBook includes the narration, text, and user interface in the following languages:
English as Read by Craig Smith
NZ English narrated by Derek Judge
Song as Performed by Craig Smith
© text, music and song by Craig Smith
Compatible with iPad
Requires iPhone OS 3.2+
Patent Protection 532174
Patent Pending - All rights reserved
Cas hopes all her own quirks and "war wounds" make her as unique and interesting as this donkey.