With this app, your child can have hours of entertainment, creatively express themselves, build confidence, develop higher order thinking skills and spend time constructively. Let's Color is not your average coloring book, as it provides the foundation of the picture, then the user completes it with their own imagination. The added drawing is then animated, which can have hilarious results!
If you would like to download Lazoo: Let's Color! (Free, iPad Only), please support Smart Apps for Special Needs by clicking this button:
External links go to email, social media and Lazoo's other apps.
In-app purchases for additional pages.
This app is a particularly good one to have on the iPads at school. With the half-completed picture as a springboard for the students to express creativity, Let's Color is a great tool to use if you use Tony Ryan's Thinkers' Keys in your classroom. Who says that dragons breathe hot fire? Maybe they breathe sweet music instead? And what is coming out of the elephant's trunk? Maybe this elephant has mermaids coming out of its trunk! Completed drawings are then saved to the iPad gallery.
There is a range of colors and drawing implements to choose from, for fine motor practice, or stickers can be tapped and placed for those who have more difficulty with that skill. There are 16 free animation pages included in this app, as well as a blank page for free drawing. A bonus feature of this app is being able to draw on photos from the iPad gallery. So it's a photo editing app as well! So much app for such a fantastic price, you would be mad not to get it.
Previously featured on Smart Apps For Kids as the Good Free App Of The Day
Let’s play! Let’s learn! Let’s Color!
• 34 “living” animated drawing pages
• Drawing palette including stickers, chalk, colors, and more
• Features international award-winning Lazoo art
• Save your creations to share with loved ones
• Charming animated short featuring Miku the Bunny and friends
• Japanese translation mode
"Let's Color!" is based on Lazoo’s “Hands On! Mind On!” curriculum, developed in conjunction with top educational experts. Lazoo apps are designed to:
• build divergent thinking skills
• foster problem solving skills including implementing, e
valuating, communicating, and revising creative ideas
• assist a child in becoming comfortable with uncertainty
• encourage a resilient approach to play and creative problem solving so that a child learns persistence
• support the kind of appropriate risk-taking in play and thinking that inspires creativity
• encourage an interest in, and openness to, emotion in both play and thinking
Lazoo is a quality-conscious lifestyle children’s brand and media property emphasizing award-winning design, creativity, and play. Inspired by an internationally best-selling series of Japanese children’s books, Lazoo products all embody the same core mission: to foster a child’s creative process, encourage self-expression and empower the imagination.
Cas loves going through the iPad gallery after her children have been playing with this app. It gives an insight into how their little brains tick.