10 Apps to Make a Busy SLP's Life A Little Easier, but a recent update has made a great app even better. Remind 101 is a one way text messaging app that allows you to send information and reminders to students and parents. All phone numbers are kept private and you can create as many groups as you want. Schedule texts ahead of time to be sent out at a later date or send them out immediately. This is a one way messaging system so students and parents cannot reply back. The most recent update has made this app even more powerful by allowing you to attach photos, assignments and even presentations to the text message.
If you would like to download Remind 101 (iPhone/iPad, FREE), please support Smart Apps for Special Needs by using the link provided:
It's easy to sign up for Remind 101 through text, but if a parent prefers to get reminders through email they can sign up that way too. You can create as many groups as you want. I have my caseload separated by grade level.
Check out this video all about the new "Attach" feature.
FAST, SAFE & EASY
* A teacher communication tool that allows you to message your entire class of students and improve parent involvement.
* Teachers never see students' phone numbers. Students never see theirs.
* Students and parents join by sending a text message. No computer needed.
* As a safety precaution, only one-way messaging is permitted, allowing teachers to send updates and reminders without having to worry about managing another inbox.
* Great for parent teacher communication: improve parental engagement at the primary school, elementary school, high school or college level.
* Inclusive classroom communication: students and parents who cannot receive text message notifications may opt in to receive their teachers messages via email.
* Have an upcoming test or quiz? Schedule text messages to be sent later.
* According to a recent Harvard study, teacher family communication increased the odds a student completed their homework by 42% (source: http://r101.co/9e07)
* As safe and easy as teacher student communication could be!
* Remind101 revolutionized my approach to parent communication -Jessica D.
* Love it! Easy. Quick. Unique way of communicating with parents/students -Michael B.
* Communicating with a click from a mobile device is instant & saves me important teaching time! -Erin K.
* It has made a HUGE difference for many students in getting homework in on time -Craig N.
* Improved my students' morale, behavior, AND grades! -Catherine F.
THE GOOD STUFF
* Unlimited students or parents
* Unlimited text messaging
* Works on phones and tablets
* 100% free
* No ads, ever.
* As seen in NBC, NPR, Huffington Post, Edutopia, Edweek
* Ideal for K-12, higher ed, coaches, professors, principals, and more
Follow us, twitter.com/remind101
Friend us, facebook.com/remind101
AKA Remind 101, Reminder101, Reminder 101, Remind me 101