If you would like to download any or all of these apps, please support Smart Apps for Special Needs by clicking on the links provided.
1. Phonic Genius by Innovative Mobile Apps
2. Beginning Sounds Interactive Game by Lakeshore Learning Materials
3. PCS Bingo by Dynavox Mayer-Johnson
4. Make Dice Lite by hnm
Lite (iPhone/iPad, Free) Full (iPhone/iPad, $2.99)
5. Pic Collage by Cardinal Blue
6. My First Words - Flashcard by Alligator Apps by Innovative Mobile Apps
7. Small Talk Phonemes by Lingraphia
8 Quick Artic by Virtual Speech Center Inc.
This free app does require you to register at the Virtual Speech Center website. It has 566 images featuring the printed word and categorized by sound. Simple phonemes like /b/, /p/, /d/, /t/, /m/, /n/, /h/ and /w/ are not included but it does have 10 complex phonemes including blends divided by position within the word. The charting feature enables you to get a percentage of correct responses for each phoneme. This is a great app to use for a quick screening.
9. Open-Ended Articulation by Erik X. Raj
(iPhone/iPad, $2.99 for a limited time)
10. Tx Tools by Pedia Staff
This free collection of tools assists therapists and teachers in their day-to-day sessions with clients/students.
1. IEP Scheduler: counts out days to help calculate the exact date of upcoming IEPs, evaluations or specific day timelines for initial evaluations.
2. Tally This: keeps an ongoing tally during therapy activities, eliminating the need to manually count with paper and pencil.
3. Percent Right: efficiently calculates percentage correct during trials.
4. Age Finder: quickly determines client/student’s chronological age today or in the future for use in clinical evaluations and assessments.