Yoga offers wonderful benefits including exercise, calming and focus. These characteristics make yoga a great activity for many children with special needs. Sing Song Yoga's developer, Deb Weiss-Gelmi, is an elementary school teacher, yoga instructor and mom. Her company's mission is to "introduce yoga to children and families in a fun, child-friendly, brain-friendly way in hopes that yoga will become a part of their lives for years to come." They offer a DVD that teaches basic yoga poses through music. You can try it out for free with the app Sing Song Yoga. The app feature six poses and one sequence (bedtime) for free. Additional poses and sequences can be unlocked through in-app purchase.
If you would like to download Sing Song Yoga (FREE, iPhone/iPad) please support Smart Apps for Special Needs by using the link provided:
Sing Song Yoga™ is a musical kids’ yoga program in which song lyrics instruct children how to get into the poses. The music is not only loved by kids, but it holds their focus for longer periods of time, allowing them to experience the more in depth benefits of yoga! Our mission is to introduce yoga to kids and families in a fun child-friendly, brain-friendly way in hopes that yoga will become a part of their lives for years to come. Therefore the benefits of yoga can be enjoyed throughout their lives!
• Build yoga sequences choosing from 48 individual poses considering their effects on the body (color coded for calming, energizing, or neutral) or...
• Choose from 38 PreProgrammed and fully customizable Sing Song Yoga™ Sequences depending on your intended goal or purpose (ex. Bedtime, Brain Break, or Runner’s Sequence) and the relative length of sequence desired (long, medium, short).
•Free App includes one SSY Sequence and 6 poses. See below for cost effective purchasing packages. • Seamlessly stitches together your own custom yoga video with your selected poses or sequences.
• For the perfect length sequence, the total time and number of poses displays as the user builds the sequence.
• Change the speed of the transition slides to accommodate different users.
• Save custom sequences with personalized names such as “Sam’s Bedtime Sequence” or “Ms. Smith’s 3rd grade Calming Sequence.”
• AirPlay enabled (Apple TV) • Compatible with HDMI adapters for mirroring on TV’s and projectors • Perfect for families, schools, after-school, and health programs (such as rehabilitation, special education or health and fitness for kids).
• Share to Facebook or Twitter *internet connection needed
• Guidelines video with the SSY Kids • Link to purchase DVD • Retina Display supported
• For use on the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad Mini that support iOS 6.0 and above.
Two Different Ways to get the Most out of your SSY App
1. Purchase individual poses or sequences ala carte ranging from $.99-$7.99. Or...
2.For greater flexibility and better pricing purchase a Sequence Package ranging from $14.99 - $24.99. The packages each unlock all the poses and some sequences - ranging from 16 sequences to owning everything with the Ultimate Package.
1. New to Yoga Sequence Package (16 Sequences and All Poses) $14.99
2. Experienced Sequence Package (16 Sequences and All Poses) $14.99
3. Athlete’s Sequence Package (16 Sequences and All Poses) $14.99
4. Classroom Sequence Package (17 Sequences and All Poses) $14.99
5. Ultimate Package (own everything - All 39 Sequences, All 48 Poses) $24.99