Kids will love the easy to understand and interactive lessons and adults will love that it supports common core standards. With a FREE lite version offering lessons for both multiplication and division, children can test out the app before committing to paying for the full version.
** Please note: This app has in-app purchases, but they can easily be disabled in the settings of your device.
Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as free are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise.**
If you would like to download Lumio Farm Factor: Multiply and Divide Basics (iPad/iPhone), please show your support by using our links:
FREE Lite Version contains 8 multiplication and 8 division problems with ability to purchase full version through in-app purchase.
$2.99 Full Version (no in-app purchases, unlocks all content)
1) Mystery Multiplication - There’s a pumpkin mystery on the farm! Whiz through multiplication basics to discover what happens to the missing veggies.
2) Veggie Divide - Uh oh! The farm is running late for the veggie pick-up. Can you help? Pack peppers, roll radishes and learn the basics of division to get the veggies out in time for market!
Discover 2 cool stories and 60 interactive math problems in the full version. The first problems and story episodes in each topic are free so you can try before purchasing.
√ For kids aged 6-10
√ Aligned to Common Core Standards
√ 2 stories, 2 topics, 60 math problems
√ Unlock the story and problems as you progress
√ Basic multiplication and division
√ 1 in-app purchase for access to all content (in lite version)
√ Hints and instructional content for each problem
Farm Factor introduces the tricky topics of multiplication and division. Using concrete objects and models (veggies, boxes, and arrays), learners don't just memorize facts; they understand the underlying ideas and then move on to building fluency. It is ideal for kids learning these concepts for the first time or those who are struggling. The interactions target problem-solving and mathematical reasoning.
MULTIPLICATION SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understand multiplication as a repeated addition problem
* Understand and use the symbol for multiplication
* Find unknown numbers in multiplication problems
* Create multiplication models involving equal group scenarios
* Use arrays to solve and represent multiplication sentences
DIVISION SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understand, represent and solve division problems involving fair share and repeated subtraction scenarios
* Understand and use the symbol for division
* Find an unknown number of groups (missing divisor)
* Find an unknown group size (missing quotient)
* Understand division as the inverse of multiplication
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
Farm Factor covers the following learning standards:
3.OA.A.1 Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 × 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a total number of objects can be expressed as 5 × 7.
3.OA.3 Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
3.OA.4 Determine the unknown whole number in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers. For example, determine the unknown number that makes the equation true in each of the equations 8 × ? = 48, 5 = _ ÷ 3, 6 × 6 = ?
Rachel H cannot believe that her kids' summer break is almost over.