GoldieBlox. It's a toy series designed to give girls confidence in problem solving, with a focus on inventing and engineering. My seven year old daughter has two sets, and absolutely loves them. So I literally cheered when I saw this brand new app in the app store today.
GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine is focused on the process of animation, and integrates so many of the features of the iPad or iPhone into the app. It's a very fun way for anyone, boy or girl, to invent and engineer with the iPad. Designed for kids 6-8, this app should be downloaded right now for anyone in that target age.
To let your kids start creating, please support Smart Apps For Special Needs and use our download link:
Make your own movies with GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine!
Draw, color, sticker, and click your way into the Bloxtown film festival by animating your own digital shorts with just a little innovation and a flick of the finger.
Featuring the world-premiere GoldieBlox cartoon introducing the story of “GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine”, starring Emily Haines of rock band, Metric, as the voice of Goldie!
- Learn the fundamentals of animation
- Tutorial animations featuring the voice of Kari Byron of Mythbusters
- Exclusive, Worldwide Premier of the first-ever GoldieBlox Cartoon!
- Save and name your movies in your own BloxTown Film Festival gallery!
- Toolbox has everything you need to create your own movies, including:
- Photo-capture tool: be the star of your own movie!
- Snap a picture of yourself and animate a flapping cape: BAM! You’re a super-hero!
- 3 brush shapes with multiple sizes
- 16-color palette
- 20 stamps featuring fun shapes and starters: Rainbow! Mustache! Stars!
- Adjustable eraser tool
- Undo button for pesky mistakes
- Duplicate tool for simple frame copying
- Tracing-paper tool
- Confetti celebrations and prompts to keep you motivated!
- AirPrint your movies to play with GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine toy set
- No third party advertising
- No in-app purchases
- “Spring Shoes” by Goldie Blox
- “Robot Shuffle” by Ruby Rails
- “That’s How I Drumroll” by Valentina Voltz
- “Jump” by Li Gravity
- “Chomper Chips” by Nacho and Benjamin Cranklin
- Tutorial animations featuring the voice of Kari Byron to get you started!
GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine is for kids 4 and up, and teaches animation that directors of all ages can be proud of.
GoldieBlox is a company on a mission to inspire the next generation of female inventors. Founded by Debbie Sterling, Stanford Engineer and innovator, GoldieBlox creates award-winning toys that combine story and building to develop spatial skills, confidence, and introduce a much needed female role model character to a traditional boys club.
RATED E for Engineer