With the holiday season in full swing, kids may receive clothing as gifts. Heidi, from Pediastaff, wrote a blog post this week titled "Ouchy, Itchy, Scratchy, Ewey! – Ideas for Kids with High Sensitivity to Clothing," giving great ideas for kids who have clothing sensitivities!
Heidi describes the following ideas:
- Use fabric softener to make clothes extra soft
- Use hand me downs - these clothes are well used and typically softer than brand new clothes
- Free from tags and seams - clothes come without tags and seams now, invest in some for your child with sensitivities
- Go undercover - have your child wear a soft, tagless compression shirt underneath bothersome clothing (i.e. if your child wears a uniform to school)
- Empower them - bring your child with you clothes shopping and have them feel the fabric and chose their own clothing
- A little TLC - make sure your child knows that you understand that they don't like the feeling of some clothing and are working to help them out!
Shelly wishes she invented tagless tees!