ASHA Sphere blog provides just that. She highlights Ten Speech and Language Goals to Target During Food/Drink Preparation. The article also includes suggestions for apps to use during or after food/drink preparation. Unfortunately, the school district I work in no longer allows cooking or food preparation of any kind within the classrooms. I can still utilize some of these suggestions by using cooking apps. Rachel compiled a great list of of cooking apps here or check out a few of my favorites below.
If you would like to download any of these virtual cooking apps, please show your support for Smart Apps for Special Needs by using the links provided.
Mix, bake, and decorate virtual cookies with the most realistic cookie app on the iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone! These cookies look so good you'll want to take a bite out of your phone! ** No ads and nothing extra to buy or unlock!**
More Cookies! lets you bake virtual cookies just like you make real ones in the kitchen. Pick a recipe from the built-in cookbook, then drag the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix up the dough with your finger.
After your dough is made, you can roll it out (for rolled cookies like sugar cookies & gingerbread) and use dozens of cookie cutters to cut out a pan full of cookies, or drop bits of cookie dough on the pan (for drop cookies like chocolate chip or oatmeal).
Put your cookies in the oven, set the timer, and in seconds they'll bake! Then you can choose from a wide variety of frostings, icings, colored sugars, sprinkles, candies, and nuts to decorate them just how you want.
When you've made the perfect cookies, email them to your friends, save them in your photos library, or virtually eat them bite by bite.
More Cookies! Features:
- Incredible graphics, including full Retina Display support and full screen iPad support (both landscape and portrait)
- 27 types of cookies, each with a unique recipe - sugar cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal, gingerbread, snickerdoodle, peanut butter, and more!
- Mix the dough from scratch or use pre-made cookie dough packages
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, then choose from over 115 cookie cutters, including shapes, animals, holiday themes, and letters & numbers
- Make up to a dozen cookies per pan
- Adjustable oven timer, to bake your cookies just right
- 50 kinds of frosting & icing, including vanilla, chocolate, butter cream, glazes, and tons of different colors
- 26 types of sprinkles & colored sugar
- 60+ candy, fruit, nut and weird toppings to use for decorating, everything from red hots and chocolate candies to jelly beans and peanuts.
- 18 plates to choose from, including holiday themed plates
- A cookie jar to save your best and favorite decorated cookies
- Built-in Cookie Meter to keep track of how many cookies you've made, with world-wide rankings in Game Center!
Turn your iPod Touch or iPhone into a pizzeria! Choose your crust, pour on the sauce, add loads of cheese and all the toppings you want. Then bake it right there in your virtual oven, where it will come out piping hot and ready to slice.
Once you've made your pizza masterpiece, you can email the whole pie or just a slice to your friends, save a picture to your photos library, or serve it up on a plate and take virtual bites out of it!
You can choose the type of plate and tablecloth to serve your pizza on, to give it the ambiance it deserves.
More Pizza features:
- 15 kinds of crusts (thin, deep dish, cheesy, french bread, bagels, whole wheat, hand tossed, square, bunny shaped, sugar cookie, chocolate chip cookie, bunny shaped cookie, heart shaped, sourdough, mini-pizzas)
- 17 sauces (red, white, pesto, BBQ, ranch, hoisin, salsa, olive oil, peanut butter, refried beans for taco pizzas, plus cream cheese, vanilla icing & dessert sauces)
- 7 kinds of cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, ricotta, mixed, gouda, fontina, feta)
- 57 toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, red onions, chopped onions, spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, sausage, meatballs, bacon, ham, pineapple, jalapenos, roasted garlic, bbq chicken, anchovies, tomatoes, basil, broccoli, red & yellow peppers, carrots, corn, fried eggs, strawberries, bananas, apples, kiwi, chocolate candies, candy hearts, gummy bears, canadian bacon, green olives, rainbow sprinkles, jelly beans, chocolate chips, green chiles, fresh mushrooms, shredded lettuce, hamburger, pickles, cilantro, avocados, cookie bits, gummy worms, candy shamrocks, toffee bits, grilled shrimp, smoked duck, peanuts, zucchini, chocolate shavings, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- Add parmesan cheese, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper or frosting (for dessert pizzas) after you bake.
- Slice your pizza into 4, 6 or 8 slices, or eat the whole pie at once
- Set your oven timer to bake your pizza from just barely melting the cheese to burning the crust
- Share photos of your pizza via email (OS 3.0 or later), Facebook, or your photos library
- Choose from 18 different plates and 15 tablecloths to serve on
Warning! This app has been known to cause severe pizza cravings in real life. The developer spent many a lunch researching the topic at her favorite local pizza joint.
Step right up! Check out the BIGGEST and BEST Fair Food Maker game.
Super hit game - 12 fair foods and 6 fair games all in one download!
Visit the Midway to get started – it’s easy and fun. Check out our popular yummy favorites!
*NEW* Just added! Make a Donut Ice Cream Sandwich. Yum!!
•MYSTERY Booth too! It is a surprise!
•Chocolate Covered Bananas
•Lemon Shake Ups